Today, I cooked beef and rice. About 600gm of beef that was marinated with spices, sauces, ginger, dried mushroom and garlic was put inside a cooking pot. The pot was kept inside a glass greenhouse enclosure and place into SIAPv9.2. Two cup of rice was cooked using SIAP v6.1, with the setup similar to that of setup yesterday.
Starting at 10:30am, both cookers were setup and put in place for cooking. The food was checked for readiness for consumption two hours later. During which time, SIAPv9.2 was adjusted twice to make sure it was pointed to the sun and optimum for the heat collection. SIAPv6.1 remained untouched, as it wasn't built for ease of adjustment.
At 12:00pm, both the beef and the rice were checked for readiness for consumption. It was found that the rice and the beef was cooked and tasted very great! The beef with spices and sauces was though cooked but was a bit tough to bite.
I invited solarist CM Tan to feast on the solar meal and of cause to witness and comment on the method and taste of the cooking. Solarist CM Tan was impressed with the capability of the new version of the solar cooker and said, “Now you are so confident of your solar cooker and you can cook any food with you eyes closed!” He remarked that the rice was well cooked and added that the dried mushroom and the spices had covered the smell of the beef. “Perhaps next time you put less spices so that the smell and taste of beef would stand out”, added CM Tan.
Today’s cooking with a large portion of beef was a drastic attempt to determine the true colours of the SIAPv9.2. I bought the beef last night and I marinated the whole lot in a cooking pot right away and kept it overnight. When I was about to cook it this morning, I realised that the portion was too much. Nevertheless, I have decided to proceed to cook the whole lot! The result was very inspiring and the beef was cooked in 2 hours. Though it was a bit tough, I could be easily remedied if either the portion was reduced or it was left to cook a further 30-60 min.
In the solar feast, I started to cooked green peas using SIAPv9.2 at around 2:00pm. The green peas was about 90% cooked when I harvested the cooking at around 3:30pm ie when the sky changed to become dark and started to rain shortly after which.
I am getting ready with an improve SAIPv9.2 this week, and it would be named SIAPv9.3. The construction of SIAPv9.3 would be the same as SIAPv.2, but instead of using paper box sheets, it would be made of zinc sheet. I am excited and look forward to testing SIAPv9.3 in the coming weekend.